Using Windows Script Debugger ?

Post any comments, suggestions, annoyances or ideas for future releases here. Please do not post bug reports or questions here.
amix

Using Windows Script Debugger ?

Post by amix » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:18 pm

I think the service is called mdm.exe, the application (client?) I am referring to is the "Windows Script Debugger", called msscrdbg.exe, somewhat older, but all MS has given us in this regards for free.

As I see it, there must be some binary handler for a debugger, the debugger must have an interface or sorts of like that. Since I have seen other application vendors integrating the Script Debugger, I assume, that this may be available. What I do not know is how easy it would be to implement an interface to that debugger, so take this feature request with a grain of salt, I am aware, that not many people do use this, since most Zeus users, I guess, are into other styles of programming.

However, I got no clue as how to set up ActiveScript/WSH/WSF/WSC debugging in Zeus, without activating the global option to intercept all errors with the debugger, which of course I can switch off again after debugging, so not too bad. Still, if there is an easy way to use the Script Debugger with Zeus I would be more than happy.

amix

Post by amix » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:51 pm

Maybe I should add, that I tried using the Windows Script Debugger in another way first (the //X option of wscript.exe/cscript.exe runs the script in the debugger)

Command-line (as the compiler, however)

Code: Select all

"C:\Windows\system32\csript.exe" //X "$fn"
Result:

--------------------Configuration: ActiveScript - Debug--------------------
Die Syntax f￾r den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datentr„gerbezeichnung ist falsch. (Syntax for Filename, Pathname or Devicename is wrong)

Unexpected error running command line:
"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe" /c "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" //X "NOT:\posting\Full Path Names\to my data\in\public\forums\convert-archive.js"
Note, that the path is ok, I mean, I get it via $fn.

jussij
Site Admin

Post by jussij » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:54 am

"C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" //X "$fn"
I'm not sure if this will help but since the cscript.exe should already be in the PATH, I would try this command line instead:

cscript.exe //X "$fn"
I have noticed that it is sometimes possible to confuse the command interpreter if there are too many quoted strings in the command line.

Cheers Jussi

amix

Post by amix » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:11 am

Thanks, that solved it.

kuchnie warszawa opinie