Integration with SFTP Drive

Post any comments, suggestions, annoyances or ideas for future releases here. Please do not post bug reports or questions here.
Mark Peenstra

Post by Mark Peenstra » Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm

There is a program on the market called sftpdrive from sftpdrive.com which creates a network drive letter using SSH calls to a unix/linux machine.

I am running the test drive of this program and in Windows Explorer and in Word, it acts as you would expect in navigating through a drive and folders.

In Zeus, in the navigation pane, it gets very confused about what is a directory or a file. It repeats the first directory name many times, etc. I am concerned that it may not retrieve a file correctly or save it back, so I have not tried that.

Zeus with Sftpdrive would be a KILLER combination for editing files from Unix machines. We are currently using the "Open from FTP" (SSH) feature in Zeus and it is Great, but we still can't use "Find In Files" or the Diff features without physically saving the files to the PC's hard drive.

I have a screen shot of what it is doing if you want it.

Thanks

jussij
Site Admin

Post by jussij » Mon May 28, 2007 12:39 am

In Zeus, in the navigation pane, it gets very confused about what is a directory or a file.
This bug should be fixed in the latest Zeus patch: http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1173

Cheers Jussi

Mark Peenstra

Post by Mark Peenstra » Tue May 29, 2007 12:36 pm

Jussi;

Thanks for the response. It is better in Zeus now, I downloaded and installed the 3.96g patch. However, it still does not work with files and directories that have any captial letters in them. It displays everything in lower case. (Unix and Linux OS's are case-sensitive. The capital letters must be preserved. This works fine in the "Open from FTP").

If you click on the displayed name of a file, and on the host system that file has capital letters in the filename, it opens up a blank document.

If the item you click on is a directory, and on the host it has capital letters, instead of navigating down into the directory, again, it opens up a blank document.

Thanks

Mark Peenstra

jussij
Site Admin

Post by jussij » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:39 pm

After applying the latest Zeus patch found here:

http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1177

the SFTP Drive integration should work fine.

Cheers Jussi

kuchnie warszawa opinie