Page 1 of 1

Unusual search'n'replace error with tabs

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 pm
by AlanStewart
I just found something interesting with search'n'replace in 3.97n. I've got some lines with spaces and I wanted to replace those spaces with tabs. So, for the sake of example, I've got

* * // Two *s separated by 8 spaces.

Then I want to replace " " with "\t\t\t" (change 8 spaces to 3 tabs).

What I end up with is

* \t * // *-tab-"\t"-tab-*

Not quite what I wanted but I guess I can then just change the \t to a real tab character and be happy.

Is this expected behaviour?


Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:26 pm
by jussij
This issue should be fixed in the current beta found here:

Cheers Jussi

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:14 pm
by AlanStewart
I grabbed it, unpacked it into my Zeus directory (not the one in Users) and tested it and it seems to work now! YAY!

Er. Almost. Now all of a sudden it can't find my macros? Or rather the macro includes?
Zeus for Windows Programmers Editor - Version 3.97o - Beta1
Copyright (c) Xidicone P/L 1993-2012. All rights reserved.
This and the other debug output shown below is being created because the Zeus
debug output option is currently enabled.

To disable this option, use the Options, Editor Options menu and in the General
panel un-check the 'Debug, tools, macros and executables' option.

This debug option can be very helpful when configuring compilers and tools or
when creating new scripts.

About to execute 'C:\Users\AS\AppData\Roaming\Xidicone\Zeus\zScript\AS_QuickKeys.LUA' macro file
Debug: Initialising macro interface
cannot open AS_commentext.LUA: No such file or directoryMacro script generated '1' Debug, Error and/or Warning message(s).

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 am
by jussij
This should now be fixed in the current beta found here:

Cheers Jussi

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:46 pm
by AlanStewart
Alright. That seems golden. I'll keep plugging away and let you know if anything else unusual shows up.