It appears in all IDE's I get an error when Agent SVN attempts to close. I
get the "APP ZZZZ has stopped working" and when I expand details I see the
following problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: devenv.exe
Application Version: 14.0.23107.0
Application Timestamp: 559b7ead
Fault Module Name: AgentSVN.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 56b7e30e
Exception Offset: 1a79e79d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d221
Additional Information 2: d22118faee990ef4861c58b576d5cc42
Additional Information 3: befe
Additional Information 4: befe979de77e0fdba1e211c1e53ff2fa
Event viewer has roughly the same information:
Faulting application name: devenv.exe, version: 14.0.23107.0, time stamp:
Faulting module name: AgentSVN.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x1ad0350a
Faulting process id: 0x1850
Faulting application start time: 0x01d16b217ae440a0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Faulting module path: AgentSVN.dll
Report Id: d69471d0-d755-11e5-8ad8-005056c00008
I get the error on the following:
Visual Studio 2010
Visual Studio 2013
Visual Studio 2015
Let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful. This
only started after loading the latest 2.54 update.
Code: Select all
Exception Code: c0000005
To help figure this out can you supply these details:
1) What version of Windows are you running?
2) Are you running a desktop system or some kind of Cytrix system?
3) Can you tell me what happens if you start and stop the Agent SVN configuration tool? Do you get the same crash?
4) In Visual Studio 2013 do you see the crash if you start the IDE, open a solution, then close the IDE?
Could you also try using the dll found here: http://www.zeusedit.com/agent/bin/asvn-dll.zip
I don't expect this to fix the issue since it should be similar to the version you currently have.
However, I'm running Windows 10 desktop and that's the version I'm running and I use VS2013 with Agent SVN on a daily basis without issue
2) Desktop (Not Citrix or anything)
3) Opens and Closes without any errors.
4) Hmm so with Visual studio I cannot recreate the issue on demand. If I start visual studio and load a solution then close it I do NOT get the error. If I open visual studio in the morning and work in a solution (I usually have multiple solutions and PowerBuilder open) all day then close visual studio at the end of the day I get the error on close. In PowerBuilder I CAN recreate the issue every time I try to switch work spaces using the recent work spaces in PowerBuilder (Which is really the only reason why I wanted to post here as the Visual Studio issue is not a big deal).
I replaced the DLL and appears to be the same.
Also I am the only one on the team running visual studio but the other developers on my team get the same error switching work spaces in PowerBuilder with the 2.54 version (They all changed back to the older version for now).
From that description, everything seems pretty much stock standard.
Also since you are seeing the issue on multiple machine, that to is very important information.
This is still a big deal as it should not be happeningWhich is really the only reason why I wanted to post here as the Visual Studio issue is not a big deal.
The difficulty is I can't replicate the issue on on VS2013 or VS2015 (or the Zeus IDE) and I use VS2013 and Zeus IDE on a daily basis
However, I'm running Windows 10 which is one difference.
In terms of code base the old and the new version are very similar.They all changed back to the older version for now.
But there are big differences in the actual binary file as the former was created with VS2010 and the latter with VS2013.
As an example, that compiler switch means the binaries fail to run (or load) on Windows XP.
I suspect this issue is also somehow related to this upgrading of the compiler
One other thing worth trying is check if something shows up in the debug output.
You can do this as follows:
1. Deleted the Agent SVN log file found here:
Code: Select all
3) Turn on the Help debug the SVN setup... option.
4) Truncate the log file to all but the last line (which shows the location of the log file)
5) Replicate the issue using PowerBuilder
6) Send through that log file as an e-mail attachment
I will also try to think of a way to debug this.