Powerbuilder 12.5 - Agent SVN - client library error

Get help with the installation and running of the Agent Git or Agent SVN plug-ins. This section can also be used for posting comments, suggestions or submitting feature requests. Please do not post bug reports here. When in doubt post your question here.
Post Reply
tduvall
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Powerbuilder 12.5 - Agent SVN - client library error

Post by tduvall » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:58 pm

Agent SVN v238 is installed with TortoiseSVN and PowerBuilder 12.5 I'm really scratching my head to figure out what is happening. The DB is Sybase ASE 15.5 - using open/client 15.0 on the workstation

When a workspace is opened in PB, as long as Agent SVN does not run (In the System Options I've deselected 'reopen workspace on start up'). I can connect to the DB. If Agent SVN runs I can no longer connect to the DB via the DB painter - I get 'Unable to initialize client library context'. So I have to connect to the DB first, then open the workspace which initializes Agent SVN - then I can work.

I could live with it, but if I try and run any app from PB (like a debug session) I'm unable to login to the DB from the running app. Even if PB is connected prior to running the app.

tduvall
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by tduvall » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Here is an update... If I setup the database profiles using the ASE drivers from Sybase, I can not run an app from PB. I just get the 'Unable to initialize the client library' error message.

If I setup the database profiles using the SYC drivers, and I make sure and connect to the DB before I open an AgentSVN workspace - then PB will connect and I can also run apps from it.

Any help to figure out what is conflicting will be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

jussij
Site Admin
Posts: 2443
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:10 pm

Post by jussij » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:34 pm

The issue was being caused by the fact that on load Agent SVN makes some language environment variables changes and the PB database initialisation is not happy with those new variables.

Could you try this fix: http://www.zeusedit.com/agent/bin/agent-fix.zip

That version delays the change of those environment variables in the hope that it will now be after the PB database initialisation.

But as a fall-back position a option has also been added to the Agent SVN configuration utility that allows you to turn off these language environment changes.

So if the delayed change option fails this second option should definitely work.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers Jussi

jussij
Site Admin
Posts: 2443
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:10 pm

Post by jussij » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 am

The dll link has been update and contains a version that fixes this issue:

http://www.zeusedit.com/agent/bin/agent-fix.zip

Another option is to find the PowerBuilder locales.dat file and in this section:

Code: Select all

 [NT] 
 locale = enu, us_english, iso_1 
 locale = fra, french, iso_1 
 locale = deu, german, iso_1 
 ..... 
Add in these En_US and en_US entries:

Code: Select all

 [NT] 
 locale = En_US, us_english, iso_1 
 locale = en_US, us_english, iso_1 
 locale = enu, us_english, iso_1 
 locale = fra, french, iso_1 
 locale = deu, german, iso_1 
 ..... 
Cheers Jussi

Post Reply
kuchnie warszawa opinie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest