Zeus IDE Forum Index Zeus IDE
Use this forum to ask for help, submit a bug report or make a suggestion.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem when assigning shift+Tab to a macro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmaon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Problem when assigning shift+Tab to a macro Reply with quote

Hi Jussi,

I wanted to change the behaviour of the shift+tab so that if several lines are marked, the lines will move one tab backwards, even if the cursor is in the middle of the line ( and not before the first non blank character).
The macro below should do it and works perfectly as long as I assign it to any other key except shift+tab. If I assign it to shift+tab and then go to the middle of a line, press ctrl+L to mark it, go down 2-3 lines and press shift+tab the macro does not work and the mark disappears. If afterwards I go 2 lines up and press ctrl+L the previous line is marked instead of the current one.
The macro is:
Code:

function key_macro()
    screen_update_disable()
    local selected = is_marked()
    if ( selected ~= 0 ) then
       local mode = get_marked_mode()
       if ( mode~=0 ) then
          MoveLineHome()
          TabBack()
       else
          TabBack()
       end
    else
       TabBack()
    end
    screen_update_enable()
    screen_update()
end

key_macro() -- run the macro
jussij
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The macro below should do it and works perfectly as long as I assign it to any other key except shift+tab.

What is happening is the macro functionality is being messed up by the Zeus CUA marking. For example using Shift+Tab to run the macro also triggers a Shift+MoveLineHome CUA marking action, removing any prior marked area.

Fortunately there is a fix Smile

All you need do is replace the call to MoveLineHome with a call to set_cursor_pos(1) instead Wink

Cheers Jussi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zeus IDE Forum Index -> Reporting a Bug All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: