Zeus IDE Forum Index Zeus IDE
Use this forum to ask for help, submit a bug report or make a suggestion.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search and replace function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexalex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Search and replace function Reply with quote

Hi Jussi,

When I wish to search and replace a string I am encountering a few problems:

while replacing a string the selection area of the replacement jumps to the next replacement area which is invisible. It is possible to replace but I can not see what I am replacing.
The correct behaviour, from my point of view, is to jump to the next potential replacement area each time you issue a replacement and mark it as an option for the next replacement.

The second problem is that the replacement area does not precede after each replacement, try to replace a string several times without issuing a find command.
The correct behaviour, from my point of view, is to replace the string and jump to the next potential replacement area, not stuck at the smae location and replace it again and again, for example: try to replace the string "line" with the new string "line1" X times and see what happens (you will receive "line1111...11111").

Thanks,
Alex
jussij
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,
Quote:
while replacing a string the selection area of the replacement jumps to the next replacement area which is invisible.

This is a know problem with the Zeus replacement in marked area feature Sad

This bug is on the zeus todo list.

Quote:
The correct behaviour, from my point of view, is to replace the string and jump to the next potential replacement area, not stuck at the smae location and replace it again and again

What happens when you turn on the Repeat find on replace checkbox option Question

Cheers Jussi
alexalex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10x Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zeus IDE Forum Index -> Reporting a Bug All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: