workspace builder crashes

If reporting a bug with the Zeus IDE please post the details here. Please do not post questions here.
jmasles

workspace builder crashes

Post by jmasles » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:42 am

I was trying to build a workspace from a directory hierarchy with a lot of files. I tried to exclude some of the directories that I don't need using the ignore folders field but I'm not sure about the syntax as it looks like it's a cut and paste of the ignore files example. The builder starts up and runs for a minute or so and then disappears. Is there a debug log file I can send you ?

jussij
Site Admin

Re: workspace builder crashes

Post by jussij » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 am

Unfortunately since it is just a stand alone utility there is not log.

However, I take a look at it to see if it can be changed to generate a crash dump or some sort of stack trace.

Cheers Jussi

jussij
Site Admin

Post by jussij » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 am

A new Workspace Builder tool can be found here: http://www.zeusedit.com/z300/xWorkspace.zip

If you crash the tool, it will display a dialog that shows the location of the crash dump file and log file.

Cheers Jussi

jmasles

Post by jmasles » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm

alas no dialog popped up, the builder window just disappeared. I looked around, no obvious sign of a log file created ...

jussij
Site Admin

Post by jussij » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 am

As a test I tried creating a very large workspace by doing three search, appends searching for a large number of files across many subdirectories and it had no trouble creating the workspace :?

Which software action are you instigating before the software disappears :?:

Cheers Jussi

jmasles

Post by jmasles » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Basically I launch the builder, update the extensions list (*.c;*.h;*.cpp;*.hpp), the first 3 check boxes are checked, and then I hit "Search". I timed it this time and it runs for 2 minutes and 45 seconds before the builder screen disappears and I'm back to the "New Workspace" dialog box. I did a quick check on the file hierarchy and there are 12,586 files that match the supplied pattern.

jussij
Site Admin

Post by jussij » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:21 pm

Apply the steps that you described, I was able to use the builder tool to create a new workspace with over 50,000 files and it took less than a minute :?

When I ran the exact same task a second time it was even quicker.

Since your times are much longer, it sound like the tool might be having trouble accessing the file system :?:

I will look to add some extra logging to the builder tool to see what it is doing.

Cheers Jussi

jussij
Site Admin

Post by jussij » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:28 pm

A new version of the xWorkspace tool can be found here: http://www.zeusedit.com/z300/xWorkspace.zip

This version will write to the following log file:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<User ID>\AppData\Roaming\Xidicone\Zeus\xWorkspace.log
This version also has a debug option. To use that option open a command prompt window and run this command line:

Code: Select all

xWorkspace.exe -d
By using this option, the names of all the files found will be listed in the log file.

Cheers Jussi

kuchnie warszawa opinie